The case that started everything.
Some PCB-Foam for further dampening.
Testing the DZ60v2 RGB to see if every socket works. Smart of me to do that AFTER I installed the Switch Pads, right?
A detail of the installed Stabs and the KBDfans Switch pads. The installation was a bit tricky but I like the result.
Lubing the Gateron Black Ink v2 Switches with Krytox 205g0
Prerparing the Stabs: Every stem is being holee-modded with the Stab-Foarm from KBD-Fans as well as being lubed with Krytox 205g0
The foam-holee-mod. I did not pass around into the upper hole as the foam sometimes sticks too far out, resulting in the stab getting stuck alltogether. (I think that's called the Epsi-Mod then?)
To emulate a gasket-mount, I used somewhat longer screws and added silicone O-RIngs, between which the PCB is going to be sandwiched.
A detail of the aforementioned pseudo-gasket-mount, sandwiching the PCB between to O-Rings. Another advantage of this method is the fact, that the screws won't simply fall out of the PCB if flipped on its head, as demonstrated here.
Another detail of the O-Ring-Gasket: The screw doesn't attach directly to the PCB, allowing it some room to flex.
After intsalling the PCB, pcb/Plate-Foam and the plate itself into the case. I really love the look of the brass-plate in the wooden case!
Testing the PCB again after it has been installed in the case. Some fine-tuning of the top-left screw was needed, so that the cable easily goes into the port. Fun fact: (accidentally) holding Esc while inserting the power-cable resets the board and clears all keybindings. Hooray! After that, I removed that switch for further testing.
Putting in the Switches: hand-lubed & filmed Gateron Black Ink v2 on the Alphas and hand-lubed Gazzew Boba U4 on the arrow-keys
Controversial opinion, but I think O-Rings and Inks go quite well together in terms of feeling and sound. And if she doesn't like them, they can easily be taken off again, so no harm done.
Some extra foam for the spacebar, too!
Installing the keycaps. As one can see, I have put my heart into this build!
A final test to see if everything still works as intended, check the configuration one last time and see if I have to replace any switches.
The finished product. I hope, she likes it!
Some detail of the final build.
Full view of the final board